Ah! That morning shower. The treasured moment of relaxation before your busy day. When your drain is clogged, and water pools at your feet, your moment is ruined! Stress sets in knowing you’ll need to fix it. Not to mention the soapy, water warm water is slippery and filled with grime.
Here are 5 clever ways to prevent drain clogs (and save your shower!):
- Brush your hair before stepping in the shower. This collects hair that is already loose in your brush, and not your drain.
- Utilize drain protectors/hair catchers. These affordable devices trap hair and other small particles from entering your drain.
- Snake your drain monthly. Once a month, make it a good habit to snake your drain. There could be minor clogs that you don’t know about.
- Make it a family effort. You can’t combat drain clogs alone if you live with others. Make sure to communicate with others in the household about shower care. After shower, each person should look to see if hair has collected by the drain protector, and if so, remove it.
- Secondary drain screen. There are drain screens that can be installed underneath your current drain cover as a second line of defense.